Monday, December 23, 2013

Twas the Resolution before New Years...

(My apologies in advance to Clement Clarke Moore, for butchering the cadence of his beloved poem.)

Twas some days before Christmas and my wife asked me this
"What New Year's Resolutions will you add to your list?"
Her plans already hung in her thoughts with care,
In hope that improvement soon would be there.

My boy was nestled all snug in his carseat,
With Mickey Mouse providing a mental retreat.
My wife in the passenger seat, and I at the helm,
And a question between us left my mind overwhelmed.

When up ahead of us there rose such a clatter,
I swerved to the side to avoid a grave matter.
What happened before us I can't quite recall,
but it gave me a chance, that question to stall.

A few days later I pondered the challenge,
In what daring change next year would I take the plunge?
When out of my mind, there flowed a solution,
I knew in a moment it was my resolution.

Your problems, dear self, are that you don't remember,
From the beginning of October to the end of September.
So take out your pencil, your blog, and your gall,
And Document, Document, Document all!

So I'll take up this challenge, and here I will pen,
The highlights and the lowlights of this life I live in.
I'll see you here soon as I take on this quest.
Merry Christmas to all, I wish you the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment